Friday, April 29, 2011

previously published 4/29/2011 Favorite TV Episode guest post


Thanks for the post from Stan Atkins
I'm so glad I can watch my favorite TV episode of "The Dick Van Dyke Show" on best choice tv. It makes the show seem clearer and fresher than when I watched it using my old TV antennae.
The episode was the one where Rob and Buddy thought they had seen and heard a UFO when they worked late at the office one night. It was hilarious to watch them first try to convince themselves that they hadn't seen or heard anything. Then, gradually, fear began to grow. The music that was used to intensify the mood of funny fear was used to wonderful effect as they crept through the seemingly empty office building, looking for the "flying saucer".
Of course "The Dick Van Dyke Show" was always a funny program, and I can watch it over and over again. The fact that it is in black and white doesn't matter a bit. It's a comfortable program with characters that I enjoy getting to know now that I'm an older adult. It makes me wish for more innocent times, too.
Nowadays, UFOs are in the news quite often. A person who sees something strange and unidentifiable in the sky is not always looked upon as a nut as they were back in the early sixties.

No comments: