Monday, August 1, 2011

Doing the thing: Guest post of the week by Brittany Booker

Doing the thing

Guest post of the week by Brittany Booker

What was I thinking being out here all by myself? There’s no real reason for a single woman my age to buy a house all by herself on the coast of Maine but that’s exactly what I did, for no real reason whatsoever. I guess it had something to do with the idea that things are just calmer at the beach, more peaceful. I was really sick and tired of the city life and I thought moving up here would make me a calmer person and I’d have time to finally do all the things I’ve been wanting to do for so long. What really happened, though, was I started spending all my time working on this ramshackle house and worrying about the boogeyman all the way out here! I went to www.home-ALARM-SYSTEMS.com and got an alarm and I have a great contractor but I just didn’t think this was the way I was going to feel once I moved in. Oh well, I guess you can’t win them all in life!

No comments: