Friday, October 7, 2011

Flexibility and more

Guest post from: Constance Rodgers

It’s a lot of fun having the flexibility of owning your own business but it’s also a whole heck of a lot of work. I don’t know if I just had unrealistic expectations or what but to be honest, I didn’t realize my life was going to be so taken over by my commitment to this store. I’ve been in the business now for about 4 years and though you might think things would be easier by now there are still challenges that come up every week that there’s really no way to prepare for. For example, I did a lot of research about technology when I opened the place – I hired a great IT guy and went to smallbusiness xo and really just looked into all the details. I was good to go! But that sure didn’t prepare me for when the city cut my power line last month and I didn’t have power for four whole days. Things like that just can’t be anticipated and you’ve got to be flexible enough to get past them when they happen, you know?

No comments: